Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Reflecting on English 111-43B

Well from my experiences in English 111-43B with Mr. Paul Gasparo, I would have to say they were good, overall. The class was informative for the most part, we learned about the rhetorical analysis triangles including ethos, pathos, and logos. Ethos is the Creditability of something someone has done, pathos is the emotion, and logos is the logic (statistics) of what is going on. I also learned alot of different writing techniques that other individuals in the class use to help them on their papers, which in turn helped me too. Even though i already knew about the MLA formating and techinques, this was also a great and helpful reminder, due to the long summer of doing nothing. Overall I believe this class has expanded my writing experiences and also my book reading. On the the book reading subject, The Great Gatsby was a pretty good story, and had overall decieving plot and had me interested the whole time. It wasn't the same rich man gone crazy stories, it was a well thought out story that required class and charm, and some suspense. Overall in the end Gatsby dies and loses everything but thats how a book is suppost to end, in a tragic or happy ending. But anyways the only thing that i think that English 111 lacked was the class interaction, it was pretty lame, and I guarantee Mr. Gasparo will say the same, but it was a good experience overall.

1 comment:

Paul G. said...

I say nothinggggggg.

Night classes seem to be more hopping, so you might want to try some of those. The 7:15 courses.

If you do, blog about it and let us know how different the class might be because of the time of day difference.